Thursday, September 23, 2010

Heroes Journey


LaGuardia
Aaron Straker
September 23, 2010


            Monday September 20, 2010 5:50 AM my journey began.  On this day had to go to school even though I was sick.  This is something I really hate.  Because when you’re sick everyone treats you different.  Because of the fear of getting sick themselves.  It’s not like high school where you can stay home.  You’re paying for college.  This is when I first crossed the threshold to go to school.  I would even say that I first crossed the threshold when I stepped out of bed.  Once you do that you don’t know how your day is going to go.  You just have to wait and see for yourself.  That is when my journey officially began.  I was still very sick I had a runny nose, fever and bloody noses from time to time.  I still have this cold now.  While I’m constantly editing my heroes journey.

            My tests for the day was to get to school on time and don’t fall asleep in any of my classes.  I failed the first test.  I was early but I took one wrong train then ended up 30 minutes late.  I thought the R train went to Queensboro Plaza.  It does but there’s a Manhattan R train and a Queens R train.  So I failed that test.  I passed my other test.  This was don’t fall asleep in class.  I never fall asleep in class now that was a bad habit in high school.  You really have to leave the bad habits in the past.  Which I have done. 

            I actually got more than one reward that day.  My first reward was to be able to get to class safely.  Also to have the energy to stay awake during class even though I wasn’t at my best.  Also I didn’t sleep go to sleep till 1:00 then had to wake up at 5:50.  I also got another reward through a failure.  Not sure if that has ever happened before.  Something that is really weird.  I was supposed to meet one of my friends from high school after class.  I wasn’t feeling well so I told her I was going to leave early.  I actually got to hang out with her on September 23 and we had a great time.  But when I left I saw one of my friends from high school.  At this point I was on my way home when I saw my friend.  He asked me questions how college is.  He made jokes and acted retarded as always.  I eventually got home. 

But I have to return to this 4 days a week.  There’s no escaping I can’t refuse it our else I’ll fail.  Therefore money is wasted.  I came back on Wednesday even though I was sick.  I have many more days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment