Thursday, September 16, 2010

Essay 1 (Can you live without technology)

           I interact with all kinds of technologies in my everday life.  In the morning I look at my cell phone.  I will use the toaster to make breakfast most of the time.  I use the computer and my ipod touch to talk to my friends.  When i need to go somewhere I take the train.  There's so much techology that I use I can't even write it all on paper.

          My life would be so different without all these technologies.  I wouldn't be able to talk to my friends all the time.  I probably wouldn't be able to talk to them at all.  I text my friends from high school all the time.  I also talk to my friends on facebook.  I wouldn't be able to travel to that much places without the train.  My life would be so different without my T.V, computer, phone and ipod touch. 

         I do believe that I'm very dependent on them.  Sometimes I might take it to the next level.  One time I woke up and went straight on to facebook through my ipod touch.  I think about it now I didn't even leave my bed and I was on facebook.  Sometimes I'll sit in bed and be on the internet.  So I guess I am dependent on technology because without it I would be very bored.

        Mostly I am very dependent on technology.  I mostly have my ipod touch with me.  So I can listen to music on the train or on the go.  Without my ipod touch I would be staring outside the window on the Q train.  On my breaks between classes I'll try to get acess to the internet through wifi.  I'll use my phone to text friends in other classes.

        Without technology I would feel disconnected the world.  I wouldn't be able to talk to my friends at all.  I wouldn't be able to call them or talk to them.  I really think without any technology I myself wouldn't be able to survive.  Or might die of pure boredom.

2 comments: